Wednesday, April 27, 2011
The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has evolved a programme through which financial support is provided for conducting research and development activities related to Space Science, Space Technology and Space Application to academia in India.
This programme of Research Sponsored by ISRO is called RESPOND. In special cases research and development projects proposed by non-academic R & D laboratories can also be supported through this programme. The aim of RESPOND is to encourage quality research in areas of relevance to the Indian space programme.
The primary objective of the Indian Space programme is to harness the advanced research areas of space science and technology for national development and to derive the maximum benefit for the people of India.
The Indian Space Programme includes the following major elements:
Demonstration of the feasibility of deriving from space science and technology, applications in space communications, long distance education, earth resources survey, meterology and geodesy.
Development of indigenous capability for design and development of orbiting satellites for scientific research and space applications, sounding rockets and satellite launch vehicles.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
* Satellite based communication and direction-finding systems for rural connectivity, security needs and mobile services
* Enhanced imaging capability for natural resource management, weather and climate change studies
* Space science missions for better understanding of solar system and universe
* Planetary exploration
* Development of Heavy lift launcher
* Reusable Launch Vehicles - Technology demonstrator missions leading to Two Stage to Orbit (TSTO)
* Human Space Flight
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
The Department of Space is committed to :
Provide national space infrastructure for the telecommunication needs of the country.
- Provide satellite services required for weather forecasting, monitoring etc.
- Provide satellite imagery required for the developmental and security needs of the country.
- Provide satellite imagery and specific products and services required for application of space science and technology for developmental purposes to the Central Government, State Governments, Quasi Governmental Organizations, NGOs and the private sector.
- Promote Research & Development in space sciences and technology.
- Provide required transponders and facilities out of its own capacity as well as by hiring additional capacity, if needed.
- Register Indian Satellite System for public and private sectors.
- Provide its products and services in a prompt, efficient and corruption free manner to all the users/clients.